Saturday, December 11, 2010

Chatty Cathy

Well, we are now fully immersed in "toddlerhood".  Paxton is 19 months old today, and seems to be adding words to her vocabulary at breakneck speed.  Virtually anything we say gets repeated back to us now, which has made for a couple of interesting moments.  I will definitely have to "filter" myself a little better, especially when I am driving with her in the car.  This may be tough.

Here are a couple of conversations that have taken place in our house recently.
Dad:  "Paxton, do you want to go take a bath?"
Pax: "babblebabbleyadayadaiddlediddle bath"
 (roughly translates into "I really don't feel like taking a bath")
Dad (trying again): "Paxton, it's time for your bath."
Pax: "iddlesidjflasdjkgajsdkfasewickwedief bath"
 (again, "I said I really don't feel like taking a bath")
Dad (3rd times a charm, right?): "Pax, let's go take a bath."
Pax: "No."
The End.  I guess he was told.

A very similar conversation took place later involving the potty.  She isn't trained on the potty at all yet, but we keep trying to get her to spend some time on it in hopes that something may happen.  I could type it all out, but if you just substitute the word "potty" for "bath" you get the idea.

Paxton is becoming QUITE the independent and opinionated one.  I have no idea where she gets it.  :-)

No comments: